Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BAD NEWS, EVERYONE!

news flash!

I have a new show in the works! Thursday night, August 13, I'll be at a Derek Trucks Band show! I haven't seen them in ages- I'm so excited. They're going to be at the Damrosch Park Bandshell, a.k.a. some venue I've never heard of before in the city. But still!

Also on the playbill are Snehasish Mozumder & Som and Jake Shimabukuro.. I've never heard of them but here's the low-down of all three artists from the website:

Three exploratory string virtuosos expand the boundaries of their instruments. Classical and jazz fusion’s Snehasish Mozumder’s double-neck mandolin is at the center of a band that swings it North Indian style. Hawaiian ukelele maverick Jake Shimabukuro’s extraordinary facility is mesmerizing at any speed. The Derek Trucks Band’s namesake slide guitarist, a member of The Allman Brothers’ extended clan, rocks the blues the modern way, blending jazz, Latin, East Indian, and other global influences.


source: http://new.lincolncenter.org/live/index.php/snehasish-mozumder

I actually tuned into Snehasish Mozumder & Som's myspace page.. Their recordings are pretty cool. But the real (and most important) question still stands: what are they like live?

And with that, I leave you.

May the wind always be swift below your wings and the grass green below your feet.

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get that quote about the wind and grass? Did you make that up or come across it somewhere??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came forward from the dark recesses of my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DARK recesses, you say? I would say that's pretty positive imagery. I like it!

    ReplyDelete