Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trombone Shorty @ Fairfield Theater Company in Fairfield, CT

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to score front-row seats to the hottest thing going down in a 30-mile radius, the funkadelic New Orleans-jazz act known as Trombone Shorty.

...And I took some videos!

"Show Me Something Beautiful" -


I had never heard their stuff before, but I loved these guys.  There was a really heavy funk element to their music at times, which I totally dug.




 I could tell there was some serious musicianship going down that night, especially when I realized halfway through a jam that Trombone Shorty was actually directing the rhythm section of the band on the spot - he would demonstrate a beat and the drums, percussion, and bass would play it back, totally in sync with him and each other.  It was kind of incredible.

The best part about this band is the fact that they are so freaking fun to see live.  There was no set break so the energy of the show wouldn't lapse, and the music kept the audience engaged and wanting more the whole night.


The bottom line?  I'm making it my business to see these guys again.


Peace, love, & summer nights,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment