Tuesday, February 4, 2014

FUNK EP by Pigeons Playing Ping Pong

 Pandas Playing the Polka! Pigs Partying at Parades!  Pigeons Playing Ping Pong!  Alliteration is an oldie-but-goodie, and it still works.  The group Pigeons Playing Ping Pong caught my eye the other day while I traversed through the upcoming schedule for the Iron Horse in Northampton, MA.  A few minutes later I found myself streaming music through their website, and now I'm hooked.


I'm also kinda mad.  Seems like this Baltimore band has been on the touring circuit for a while now, and no one's had the courtesy to let me in on it!  These guys are seriously funky.

Take their FUNK EP, for example.  Within the first thirty seconds of the album (on the track "Landing"), some deep party grooves are put down, and they don't stop for a blessed 35 minutes.  Sweeeet.  From what I can tell, these guys sound like a funky mix of moe. and the McLovins.  I dig, and hope you do too.

Can't wait to see these guys live on Saturday, and get back into my own groove of music review. 

peace, love, and pigeons,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment